Daniel J. Manella, Jr. Research Grant
As indicated above, PORF is seeking research proposals that are focused on the best uses of cryo-preserved ovarian and testicular tissue from pre-pubertal children. Additionally, those researchers who are seeking ways to remove malignant cells from preserved tissue are also encouraged to make application.
- Applications should be prepared on official letterhead, indicating the institution that will be sponsoring the research study.
- For ongoing research, applicants should present a copy of the original research proposal, including the approved IRB proposal, and demonstrate the degree to which the study has been completed.
- For new research, applicants should present a copy of the IRB application and a projected timeline for IRB approval. Grant payout will not begin until IRB approval has been granted.
- Applicants should provide a statement of how this grant will further their research agenda.
- Applicants should provide a detailed statement indicating how their institution will promote the work of the Pediatric Oncofertility Research Foundation.
- Applicants should provide a curriculum vita, which includes publications and presentations. Contact information, including a direct phone number, should be included.
Application must be presented in hard copy, or electronically to one of the following address no later than March 1, 2017:
1000 North East Avenue
Oak Park, IL 60302
The Daniel Manella Research Grant will be announced on March 10, 2017. All applicants will receive official notice in advance of the public grant announcement.
All applications for the Daniel J. Manella, Jr. Research Grant will be reviewed by the PORF Review Board. Members of the review board can be found on the Pediatric Oncofertility Research Foundation Website, www.porf.org.
Applicants should feel free to contact Timothy F. Brown, Ed.D. for additional information: